The Craft Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with design studio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
star
Crafty Newb

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Help with design studio Empty
PostSubject: Help with design studio   Help with design studio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:29 am

My other laptop is broke ( and will not mend) i need to put it on my new one how do i go about putting the same disc on another laptop i will need to cut and design from it . Hope some one can help . I don't really want to buy another one .

Carole
Back to top Go down
Tizzie
Crafty Newb

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Help with design studio   Help with design studio Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:42 am

Generally speaking when you buy software, what you are actually buying is a license to use the software on one computer. So if you dispose of your old computer by selling it you should either hand over your disks with the computer, or uninstall the software. If your PC is irrepairable then you can't uninstall the software, but since it can not be used on that PC by you or anyone else any more, it is OK to install it on another PC.

You shouldn't have any problems at all with the install, just repeat how you installed it the first time. The only problem you may have is registering the software with Cricut, and getting the activation key. Cricut will know that your serial number is already registered, so this part may fail. If you have kept a copy of the activation key (I scribbled mine down on a scrap of paper which I keep with the disk) then use the same key to activate the program so you can use the full functionality.

If you have any problems with doing this, get in touch with Cricut support, explaining that you need to activate the software on your new laptop as your old one is dead. They should be able to provide the activation key, or a new one. You will probably have to send them the serial number on the disk envelope. Here's a copy of how to contact them (taken from the online help).

Customer Support, Troubleshooting, and FAQ
For assistance in troubleshooting any problems or issues that involve program installation, program functionality, or use of the Cricut DesignStudio program, or to see a list of the most frequently asked questions, please check out our Cricut Support webpage at Cricut. com. You can also email us at support@cricut.com or call our great Customer Support line at 801-932-1144 Monday–Friday 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (MST).

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
hokeycokey
In charge of the canteen
hokeycokey

Number of posts : 400

PostSubject: Re: Help with design studio   Help with design studio Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am

great advice tizzie!
Back to top Go down
https://craftroom.darkbb.com
star
Crafty Newb

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: reply   Help with design studio Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

All i'll say at this point its up and working .
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with design studio   Help with design studio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with design studio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Craft Room :: PROJECTS - post your pics and ideas here :: Everything Else-
Jump to: